SLC time is running out fast and LPL season 2 is schedule to be held in 3 months time from now on. But we cannot see any progress happening to make it a bigger with a wider audience than in the LPL season 1. Now do not come and say LPL is again postponed when 2 weeks away from the tournament when not acting properly at the right time. Some of the decision that we need to take and steps that need to be taken for the tournament is as follows in order to have a better tournament that the season 1.
- At least create 1 OR 2 (Better 2) more franchises with their owners bringing the total number of franchise teams to the tournament in to 6 or 7. You cannot go with only 5 teams and 4 of those 5 teams qualifying for the play offs. Bringing more franchise will help to find more young talents.
- Schedule a proper player auction in LPL to acquire players for these franchise like in the IPL. Season 1 auction it was a mess.
- Add a play off instead of the semi finals so that every match in the group stage will add value.
- Remove old players who are out of the national pool such as Milinda Siriwardena, Ashan Priyanjan, Asela Gunarathna, Dilruwan Perera, Upul Tharanga, Anjelo Perera, Seekuge Prasanna, Dhammika Prasad so that young players will get the most of the opportunities keep in mind of future.
- Add a rule that every playing XI should field a under 23 player and under 19 player or 2 under 23 players.
- Give opportunities to talented youngsters like Dhananajaya Lakshan, Kamil Mishara, Kalana Perera, Jehan Daniel, Charith Asalanka, Maheesh Theekshana, Dilshan Madushanka, Kavidu Nadeeshan to perform
- Introduce high performing talented school boy cricketers like Ahan Wickramasinghe, Dunith Wallage, Pavan Rathnayake, Avishka Tharindu, Shevon Daniel, Navod Paranavithana, Matheesha Pathirana and Chamindu Wickrmasinghe into these franchises so that they can get much needed experience as well as it will help them to introduce to the national squad early.