Player update : Kusal Perera not available for ODI matches.
Playing Xi – ODI
2.Chandimal (anchoring/ stability)
3.Bhanuka rajapakhe (attacking)
4. Dhananjaya de Silva (Stability)
5.Charith (can do both attack and anchor)
6. Shanaka (finisher)
9. Praveen / akila
10. Binura / pradeep
Rest of squad should be
12. Minod Bhanuka – Good for T20. Chandimal’s performance will Decide Minod playing. Anyway He is better keeper than chandi.
13. Kamindu mendis – Again a good attacking player. For T20, we don’t need much anchoring players.need attacking players. So DDS OR CHANDI WILL BE OUT AND KAMINDU WILL BE IN PLAYING XI FOR T20
14. Dananjaya lakshan – can do many roles, quality backup player.
15. Akila / Praveen – Akila is okay for ODI. But for T20 Praveen is better. because Akila goes expensive with higher economy rates
16. Binura / pradeep – depending on performance
17.Ashen bandara, 18. Pathum nissanka
19. Lahiru madhushanka – Backup for Chamika
20. Ramesh mendis – handy player
Maheesh theekshana – he can be a mystery Triumph card in world cup if used at the right time. Can be the 3rd spinner if one spinner fails