We have a 50/50 chance of direct qualification to the world cup, if not we need to win the qualifier tournament in Zimbabwe.
Below is my lineup for the world cup with a simple strategy.
- Kusal Mendis (WK) – Aggressive role
- Pathum Nissanka – Anchor role
– The batters coming down no. 3 to 8, the lineup should change to replace the role throughout the innings.
- Dhananjaya de Silva (Anchor)
- Charith Asalanka (Anchor / Aggressive)
- Dasun Shanaka (c) (Aggressive)
- Avishka Fernando (Anchor / Aggressive)
- Wanindu Hasaranga de Silva (Aggressive)
- Dunith Wellalage (Anchor / Aggressive)
- Kasun Rajitha
- Dushmantha Chameera
- Dilshan Madushanka
– From the above lineup, Captain has 3 proper fast bowlers, 3 spinners along with his own MF bowling.
- Dinesh Chandimal (WK)
- Lahiru Kumara
- Maheesh Theekshana
- Chamika Karunaratne (Anchor / Aggressive)
For the bench, I will have a fast bowler, wicketkeeper, spinner, and all-rounder. We can switch Dunith and Chamika or Kasun/Dilshan with Maheesh according to the pitch. Chandi was selected since he is an experienced batter that can keep wickets ( we do not have time to provide experience for another WK such as Sadeera)