Kusal Perera’s Actual Innings as Opener since (2016- 2018):
15 ings- 421 runs @ 28 Av – 1 x100 vs Ireland – 1 x 50 Vs Zmb
SUSANTHA JAYAWARDENA’s recent Blog Article; “LESSON LEARNED FROM THE FIRST ODI WITH SOUTH AFRICA “ Suggesting to OPEN WITH KUSAL PERERA is a pure mythical assumption based on UTTERLY BOGUS/ FAKE Statistics.
Susantha Jayawardane had hilariously ranked Kusal Perera as No1 Opener, quoting COMPLETELY FALSE STATIS TICS & Grossly Bloating Up his Only Ton as Opener since 2016 Vs IRELAND (weakest Minnows) in his utterly misleading following statement:
“… Although not used as an opener recently, he has been opening for SL in 2016/2017 period (in 80 ODI innings) and performed very well. He has a highest score of 135 runs scored in 128 balls as an opener in 2016…..”
Susantha’s baseless assumptions contradicting the reality & solid facts, proven over 5 yrs by KJP playing as Opener in 59 ODIs.!
– Kjp as Opener since 2013: 59 ings – 1,604 @ 27 Av
– 27 of his innings as Opener (27/59 =) almost 50% ended up in single-digit scores, mostly lasted under 10 balls!
KJP’s Single-digit innings as Opener:
27 innings – yielded only an ASTONISHINGLY PATHETIC 98 runs @ 3.76 Av – 51 SR – 9 Highest Score.!
Then he has naively ranked the Openers AS HE WISHED with no basis ;
- – On highly illogical, extremely short term parameters (confined to 10 or less innings ignoring the norms of requiring much longer duration scrutinity to eliminate brief dips in production common to any topnotch batter) plus…
– Misleading Statements & confining ONLY Tharanga to a very limited number of innings under 10 to minimize & conceal his actual productivity cannot be matched by any other in the bunch (saying Tharanga had not scored a 50 in his last 10 matches, concealing the facts that Tharanga was allowed to play only 8 innings since his last 50+ up to axing (since 1st ODI vs Eng was completely abandoned due to rain) & since axing, and let him stranded in the dark without any international exposure for FIVE MONTHS (0 matches), until the 1st OdI he played this in current series Vs SA. On the other hand, KJP, Dickwella (& rest of all top order) had the opportunity play continuously for 20 innings each (entire ODI/Tests series Vs Eng, Nz , Aus, SA) to keep their rhythm in past 12 months up to 1st Odi in SA.!
- – ignoring vastly differed factors such as assuming the standard to be same in domestic & international level records in comparison of individuals to be Ranked .
Here is the TRUE RANKINGS of OPENERS purely based on International Performances since Jan 2016 to date:
4s, 6s & 50s 100s scoring efficacy comparison of OPENERS:
- 132 (4s )/ 31 innings x 100 = 425 (4s) per 100 innings – RANK -1
- 17 (6s) / 31 innings x 100 = 55 (6s) per 100 innings – RANK-1
- 5 (50s) / 31 innings x 100 = 16.12 ( 50s) per 100 innings – RANK-2
- 2 (100s) / 31 innings x 100 = 6.45 (100s) per 100 innings- – RANK-2 (100s vs QUALITY SA & Pk)
- 148 (4s )/ 35 innings x 100 = 422 (4s) per 100 innings – RANK-2
- 11 (6s) / 35 innings x 100 = 31 (6s) per 100 innings – RANK-2
- 8 (50s) / 35 innings x 100 = 22.85 ( 50s) per 100 innings – RANK-1
- 2 (100s) / 35 innings x 100 = 5.71 (100s) per 100 innings – RANK-2 ( both 100s vs Zmb)
Kusal Perera –
- 47 (4s )/ 15 innings x 100 = 313 (4s) per 100 innings – RANK-3
- 5 (6s) / 15 innings x 100 = 33 (6s) per 100 innings – RANK-3
- 1 (50s) / 15 innings x 100 = 6.66 ( 50s) per 100 innings – RANK-3
- 1 (100s)/15 innings x 100 = 6.66 (100s) per 100 innings- RANK-1 (kind of a false thanks to IRELAND)
- No matter how some people try to distort , dissect & conceal things to fabricate unreal superiority over hard-earned achievements of some true asserts…. to fabricate false impressions on their favorites… This is the undeniable TRUE Picture of current bunch confirmed with solid facts. No player can be judged by a few good innings or a handful of ordinary innings, especially a player proven his abilities by churning 7k runs, completing each thousand being among the quickest ranked in SL. Trying to find an unreal technical fault to demean, after scoring 15 tons / 38 fifty-pluses facing the best in the trade of seam bowling in their own dens of every test playing nation in the world (only in Aus he couldn’t convert his unbeaten 80*+ to a hundred due to winning the match).