What changes would you make to our world cup squad if we can restart our world cup journey 2019 from the beginning ? Here are some suggestions. Your suggestions are also welcome.
Retained players from Word Cup Squad 2019
- Dimuth Karunaratne (C)
- Lasith Malinga
- Kusal Janith Perera (wk)
- Avishka Fernando
- Isuru Udana
- Angelo Mathews (Should bowl at least 2 overs per a match)
- Nuwan Pradeep
- Dhananjaya de Silva (As an off-spinning allrounder)
Changes to the World Cup squad 2019 (Player ➔ Replacement )
- Jeffry Vandersay ➔ (Replacement) A better leg spinner who doesn’t bowl too many short deliveries
- Jeevan Mendis ➔ Wanindu Hasaranga or any other spin/fast bowling allrounder
- Milinda Siriwardana ➔ Dasun Shanaka / Danushka Gunathilaka / Niroshan Dickwella / Upul Tharanga
- Lahiru Thirimanne ➔ Upul Tharanga / Oshada Fernando / Dinesh Chandimal / or Thirimanne may still retain his place
- Kusal Mendis ➔ Oshada Fernando / Niroshan Dickwella / Upul Tharanga / or Kusal Mendis may still retain his place considering his potential
- Thisara Perera ➔ Dasun Shanaka / or Thisara may still retain his place considering his good all-round performances in last couple of years. Thisara can be a better bowler than Dasun too.
- Suranga Lakmal ➔ Dushmantha Chameera / Lahiru Kumara as they can bowl 140+ / or Lakmal may still retain his place
PS: Asela Gunaratne was not considered as he hasn’t recovered from an injury yet.