During the pre match conference held this evening Captain Dasun revealed some details about First ODI’s playing Xi.
1. Kusal is injured so Minod or chandimal will open. So it is confirmed that Chandimal is not in middle order but as opener.
Also he mentioned chandimal has carried his form throughout the SLC LEAGUE and Minod just got his form last match. So it’s likely that chandimal will be preferred opener
2. Team combination : 6 batsman, 2 all rounders, 3 full time bowlers
3. Shanaka said they are looking to play with Three spinners.
So according to this details Playing Xi would be
1. Avishka (batsman)
3. Bhanuka R (batsman )
4. Dhananjaya de Silva (batsman)
5. Charith Asalanka (batsman)
6. Dasun shanaka (batsman)
7. Wanindu (all rounder)
8. Chamika (all rounder)
9. Praveen J / Binura / Kumara – final decision yet to take seeing the conditions (full time bowler)
10. Akila dananjaya (full time bowler)
11. Chameera (bowler)