Sri Lanka has beaten England for the fifth consecutive time in ICC Men’s Cricket World Cups and keep their 2023 ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup hopes alive! That said, let us look at the pros and cons of the match!
Pros with the ball and in the field:
- Took early wickets within the powerplay
- Build pressure with tight fielding
- Took regular wickets throughout the middle overs
Cons with the bat:
- Poor shots from Kusal Perera and Kusal Mendis
Pros with the bat:
- Fourth consecutive fifty for Nissanka
- Back-to-back fifties for Sadeera
- Good attacking partnership between Nissanka and Sadeera
- Chased the total down under 30 overs (improved NRR)
With the above said, you all might notice that there aren’t any cons for with the ball and in the field but that doesn’t mean there weren’t any for Sri Lanka rather we weren’t able to think of any as Sri Lanka bowling and fielding in the game was near perfect! Aside from this, Sri Lanka’s game with the bat was also near-perfect resulting in a dominant performance by them in all departments! Overall, Sri Lanka played a picture-perfect game to keep their ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 hopes alive! What are your thoughts? Do you agree with us? Comment below!