Sri Lanka’s sixth match of their ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 campaign didn’t go according to plan as they lost the match! The defeat wasn’t just a defeat for Sri Lanka but a possible campaign-ending defeat! That said, shall we look at the pros and cons of the match?
Pros while batting:
- Batters got starts
- Theekshana showed positive intent
Cons while batting:
- Top and middle order didn’t convert their starts
- Top and middle order didn’t show positive intent
Pros while bowling and fielding:
- Took early wickets and build pressure within the powerplay
Cons while bowling and fielding:
- Allowed partnerships to build
- Eased the pressure by allowing easy singles
Overall, the lack of intent shown by the Sri Lankan batters was the main reason why Sri Lanka lost the game as the batter didn’t convert their starts! Aside from that, defensive fields were another that contributed to Sri Lanka’s defeat! In conclusion, Sri Lanka now has no room for mistakes as they need to win all of their remaining three games to qualify for the semi-finals! So what do you think? Do you agree with us? Comment below!