The problem with Sri Lankan cricket is that we still live in the dark ages where seniors get a lot of preferential treatment compared to the others.
No other team in world cricket has this sort of policy and for Sri Lankan cricket to come out of the dark ages we need to
1. Pick teams purely on form
2. Stop politicians getting involved or influencing selections.
3. The minister of sport not get involved in ratifying squads.He must leave this to the selectors that he appoints.
4. The captain, coach and vice captain made as the on tour selectors.
5. Stop the hangers on going on tours and only have players and officials in the dressing room.