Sri Lanka possible XI-
1. Upul Tharanga (Left-Hand Batsman)
2. Niroshan Dickwella (Wicket-Keeper)(Left-Hand Batsman)
3. Kusal Mendis (Vice-Captain)(Right-Hand Batsman)
4. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)
5. Angelo Mathews (Captain)(Right-Hand Batsman)
6. Dasun Shanaka (Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
7. Thisara Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
8. Akila Dananjaya (Right-Arm Off/Leg-Spin)(Left-Hand Batsman)
9. Prabath Jayasuriya (Left-Arm Orthodox)(Debut)
10. Suranga Lakmal (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
11. Kasun Rajitha (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)(Debut)
12. Lakshan Sandakan (Left-Arm Chinaman)
13. Dhananjaya De Silva (Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
14. Lahiru Kumara (Right-Arm Fast)
15. Shehan Jayasuriya (Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
Even thou the batting failed due to poor shot selection the bowling was even worse from Suranga Lakmal very disappointing and Lakshan Sandakan was equal poor bowling too short or too full.
Lahiru Kumara and Akila Dananjaya were really good in the 1st ODI there bowling was good.
I`ve always believed Dasun Shanaka is the next Angelo Mathew as he can absorb pressure. With Thisara Perea, Kusal Perea and Dasun Shanaka and even Angelo Mathews, once he gets back into form, can rebuild innings even if the top order fails. All four players are match winner they can absorb pressure and then put pressure on the opponent's bowlers.
- Lahiru Kumara is injured so he wouldn`t be playing the 2nd ODI
Pitch and Conditions-
The Match to be played for the 2nd ODI is going to be a night ODI, therefore, moisture in the condition will come into play. With Fast-Bowler being the Key since the spinner will have no or little turn as the spinners will just side on. Therefore if you win the toss bowl first so you have the best conditions to take wickets.