The Best Likely XI against India for the 3rd Test –
1. Dhananjaya de Silva (All-Rounder)(Right-hand Batsman)(Slow Right-arm Off-Spin)
2. Dimuth Karunaratne(Left-hand Batsman)
3. Sadeera Samarawickrama (Right-hand Batsman)
4. Angelo Mathews (Right-hand Batsman)
5. Roshen Sliva (Right-hand Batsman)(Debutant)
6. Dinesh Chandimal (Right-hand Batsman)(Captain)
7. Niroshan Dickwella (Left-hand Batsman)(Wicket-keeper)
8. Suranga Lakmal (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
9. Vishwa Fernando (Left-Arm Fast-Medium)
10. Jeffrey Vandersay (Slow Right-arm Leg-Spin)(Debutant)
11. Lakshan Sandakan(Slow left-arm Chinaman)
/ Lahiru Gamage (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
According to Sources- Rangana Herath has been rested for the last Test and Jeffrey Vandersay has been brought in.
Dilruwan Perera is Experienced but was Extremely Expensive in the 2nd test going for 202 runs at 4.48 even Lakshan Sandakan could do better, therefore, Sri Lanka should Take some risk and play Lakshan Sandakan and Jeffrey Vandersay who are Attacking players who have many Variations also wrist spinners, therefore, they can turn the ball on any Surface. Dilruwan Perera hasn`t been able to reply to Indian approach against him and if Sri Lanka just goes with Dilruwan Perera just because of Experience it could play into them losing the 3rd Test.
- Dasun Shanaka all thou he was useful with the ball but was very poor with the bat and that is hurting the Sri Lanka team as Dasun Shanaka is in the team as a Batting-Allrounder not as a Fast-Bowler. Therefore him not scoring useful runs it is causing the Sri Lanka team to collapse even faster.
- Dhananjaya de Silva does know how to build an innings at international level which is Lahiru thirimanne struggling to find.
- Dhananjaya de Silva can bring which is positive intent and temperament when required.
- Suranga Lakmal needs to be rested if Sri Lanka is planning to use him in the ODI and also to prevent him from any injury as he does have a minor injury coming up throughout every day of a Test Matches due to the amount of Work Load
- Roshen Sliva is the Vital Plug in the Sri Lanka XI who is missing and the team management is failing to realize it. There Stupid theory of 6 batsmen and 5 bowlers won`t work on the No.1 team as they didn`t even require the 2 spinners this match and if they had given that position to Roshen Sliva it could have made the difference in increasing the chance to win.
- Roshen Sliva has played a few seasons for an England domestic team and has done well in the past and he would have been more discipline and could have scored a hundred since he has bated in similar condition.
It should be 100% Guaranteed for Roshen Sliva and Dhananjaya de Silva to be back in the XI if Sri Lanka either Lose or Draw the 2nd Test against India.
Due to Sri Lanka Failed in both Batting and Bowling when they went with same XI especially Dilruwan Perera and Dasun Shanaka failed with both bat and bowl. Sadeera Samarawickrama struggling to adapt to international cricket and Lahiru Thirimanne.