Most Likely XI against India-
1. Danushka Gunathilaka(Left-Hand Batsman)
2. Niroshan Dickwella (Left-Hand Batsman)(Wicket-keeper)
3. Sadeera Samarawickrama(Right-Hand Batsman)
4. Angelo Mathews (Batting All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
5. Upul Tharanga (Left-Hand Batsman)
6. Asela Gunaratne (Batting All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
7. Thisara Perera (Bowling All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)(Captain)
8. Sachith Pathirana(Slow left-arm orthodox)
9. Akila Dananjaya (Right-Arm Off/Leg-Spin)
10.Nuwan Pradeep (Righ-Arm Fast-Medium)
11.Suranga Lakmal(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
12. Dushmantha Chameera (Right-Arm Fast)
13. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)
14. Chaturanga de Silva (Slow left-arm orthodox)
15. Lahiru Thirimanne(Left-Hand Batsman)
The XI is further backed by this source-
There has been some talk to let wicketkeeper-batsman Niroshan Dickwella open the innings, a role he has done so well for the team over the years and bring the experience of Upul Tharanga back to the middle order. How the tour selectors will move forward remains to be seen.
Fast bowler Dushmantha Chameera also has been unlucky not to get a game so far having impressed everyone during training. Dharamsala was the ideal opportunity for the quick to feature in the side, but Sri Lanka opted for the left-arm spin of Sachith Pathirana.
The last time India lost an ODI series at home was two years ago to South Africa.
A flat wicket with plenty of runs is expected for the third ODI in this 25,000 capacity stadium here. India have an excellent record at Visakhapatnam having lost one of the seven games they have played here. Sri Lanka played here once in 2007 and suffered a seven-wicket defeat.
Mathews, who hit an unbeaten hundred in Mohali, had some fitness concerns leading up to the game but was declared fit on Saturday evening. The captain Thisara Perera said that Sri Lanka would stick to a 12-man squad and decide their XI on the day. Sadeera Samarawickrama could stand a chance of being brought in for Lahiru Thirimanne.