- Balanced and Most Soild XI that can win aganist India-
1. Sadeera Samarawickrama (Right-hand Batsman)
2. Dimuth Karunaratne(Left-hand Batsman)
3. Dhananjaya de Silva (All-Rounder)(Right-hand Batsman)(Slow Right-arm Off-Spin)
4. Angelo Mathews (Right-hand Batsman)
5. Dinesh Chandimal (Right-hand Batsman)(Captain)
6. Roshen Sliva (Right-hand Batsman)(Debutant a day before his 29th Birthday on the 17th of November)
7. Niroshan Dickwella (Left-hand Batsman)(Wicket-keeper)
8. Dilruwan Perera(Slow Right-arm Off-Spin)
9. Rangana Herath (Slow left-arm orthodox)
10. Suranga Lakmal(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
11. Lahiru Gamage (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
12. Lahiru Thirimanne (Left-hand Batsman)
13. Dasun Shanaka(All-Rounder)(Right-hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
14. Vishwa Fernando(Left-Arm Fast-Medium)
15. Lakshan Sandakan (Slow left-arm chinaman)
- Dimuth Karunaratne can ball Right-Arm Medium and Dhananjaya de Silva can ball Right-Arm Off-Spin who can be the All-rounders in the Team so that Roshen Sliva can play in the XI
- Dimuth Karunaratne will probably be the 5th or 6th bowler as Chandimal favors him as a bowling option.
- Roshen Deserves to be a permanent member of the XI.
- If you want to score 400+ you need to have Dhananjaya de Silva and Roshen Sliva who are consistent performers in the XI.
- Dasun Shanaka Failed to prove with both bat and Ball
- Thirimanne Failed to prove with the bat at no.3 having extra practice as Dhananjaya De Sliva who batted at no.9 having only come to India the day before the practice match, unlike Thirimanne who had 2-3 days of practice.
- Lakshan Sandakan and Vishwa Fernando expensive in the practice match
Sri Lanka is likely to go with 2 Spinners and 2 Fast-Bowlers like how India did against New Zealand in 2016 because the other bowlers have not performed to the expected level and so then the only option is to strengthen the batting.
We can not prevent India from Scoring 400+ when they bat in the first innings so the only thing we can do is to match them with the batting to get the game into day 4 and day 5 where Dilruwan Perea and Herath can really come in with spin and bounce to bowl India out. Like the 1st Test in the 2015 Series of India tour of Sri lanka.