Most Likely XI against India-
1. Danushka Gunathilaka(Left-Hand Batsman)
2. Sadeera Samarawickrama(Right-Hand Batsman)
3. Niroshan Dickwella (Left-Hand Batsman)(Wicket-keeper)
4. Upul Tharanga (Left-Hand Batsman)
5. Angelo Mathews (Batting All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)(125-130 Kph)
6. Asela Gunaratne (Batting All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
7. Thisara Perera (Bowling All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)(Captain)(130-135 Kph)
8. Sachith Pathirana(Bowling All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Slow left-arm orthodox)
9. Akila Dananjaya(Bowling All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off/Leg-Spin)
10.Nuwan Pradeep (Righ-Arm Fast-Medium)(135+ Kph)
11.Dushmantha Chameera (Right-Arm Fast)(140+ Kph)
12. Suranga Lakmal(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
13. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)
14. Chaturanga de Silva (Slow left-arm orthodox)
15. Lahiru Thirimanne(Left-Hand Batsman)
16. Dhananjaya de Silva (All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)(Injured)
Dhananjaya de Silva, who scored the highest fourth-innings score by a visiting batsman in India despite illness and injury, will not be fit for the first ODI.
- Selectors are likely to favor the left hand and right-hand combination throughout the XI and with the current approach of the selection committee Sadeera is likely to get another chance.
- Dhananjaya de Silva is likely to be at no.3 if he has recovered from his injury.
- Its a fight between a Lahiru Thirimanne, Upl Tharanga for the No.4 position but due to Lahiru Thirimanne poor choice of shot selections Upl Tharanga is likely to get the 1st chance to take the spot.
Pitch and conditions-
In the lead up to the game, Dharamsala has remained fairly warm during the day before becoming considerably cooler after sunset. The forecast for Sunday is on similar lines. HPCA chief curator Sunil Chauhan said the surface will be seamer-friendly, but aid stroke-play. "I'm hoping for a 270-plus score," he said. "The idea was to prepare a pitch that remains good for 100 overs. Dew is likely to set in by the end of the first innings and that it might help the chasing side.
India obviously starts as favorites and as has been said about them in recent times, they have pretty much every base covered. Essentially, you can say that they are good enough to blow Sri Lanka away for the umpteenth time. But India’s weak link is their middle order, as we have reiterated many times, and if the Sri Lankan bowling attack can pick wickets at regular intervals, the visitors stand a good chance of springing a surprise.
Verdict- Win the Toss Elect to Bowl First
- Dushmantha Chameera selection will be crucial as Sri Lanka might just want to go with just one Spinner on a green Surface and have an attacking bowler who can bowl 145+ raw pace it would mean he would have to replace Suranga Lakmal and lose a bowler who can contain and go for fewer runs.
If Players like Dhananjaya de Silva, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Niroshan Dickwella, Sachith Pathirana, Dushmantha Chameera, Akila Dananjaya are selected and they perform there match-winning potential they are likely to White-Wash India 3-0. It all depends on if the selectors have faith in the young players and not just going for incomplete experienced players. Also, it depends on Thisara Perera aggressive approach and field setting .