1. Kusal Mendis (Right-Hand Batsman)
2. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)(WK)(Re-Entry to International Stage)(Captain)
3. Dilshan Munaweera (Right-Hand Batsman)(Re-Entry to International Stage)
4. Sahan Arachchige (Left-Hand Batsman)(Debutant)
5. Dasun Shanaka(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
6. Thisara Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
7. Dinesh Chandimal (Right-Hand Batsman)(Captain)
8. Akila Dananjaya (All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off/Leg Spin)
9. Prabath Jayasuriya (Slow left-arm orthodox)(Debutant)
10.Asitha Fernando (Right-Arm Fast)(Debutant)
11.Lasith Malinga (Right-Arm Fast)(Re-Entry to International Stage)
12. Niroshen Dickwella (Left-Hand Batsman)(WK)
13. Lahiru Kumara (Right-Arm Fast)
14. Jeevan Mendis (All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Leg Spin)
15. Lakshan Sandakan (Slow left-arm chinaman)
16. Dushmantha Chameera (Right-Arm Fast)
Prabath Jayasuriya has shined Brighter than Amila Aponso and Malinda Pushpakumara in T20 Domestic Cricket by more than 4 times the number of wickets. Getting 4/17 at an economy rate of 4.25 and 4/8 at an economy rate of 2 in the first two matches of the T20 Domestic Tournament.
Asitha Fernando has started to generate really good raw fast pace and is a Swing Bowler also has many Variation and is probably the No.1 Fast Bowler in Domestic Circuit.
Sahan Arachchige has really shined in the T20 Domestic Cricket by saving his team with some Match-Winning Performances and saved his team from collapsing with a 66* Not Out with a Strike rate of 227.58 and 47* Not Out with a Strike rate of 151.61 in the Two opening Matches.
Compared to Dinesh Chandimal, Danushka Gunathilaka, Upul Tharanga, Isuru Udana, who have performed Below-Par National Standard Prerequisite in the first two Matches in the T20 Domestic Cricket.
SLC sources said that whether Malinga would fit into the system solely depended in the hands of head coach Chandika Hathurusingha. The fact that both Pradeep and Chameera have regained fitness is unlikely to work in favour of Malinga.
Ahead of the tournament, Sri Lanka will conduct a week long training camp in Colombo starting on Wednesday.
Therefore the Squad will be announced on Tuesday.
The only reason for the so many changes to the squad is because Chandika Hathurusingha, has stated in an interview that he is keen on expanding Sri Lanka's players pool.
" We want a big pool of players for us to compete against different countries and different opposition, depending on their limitations and strengths," Hathurusingha said.
"With me, I don't think you will see the same team too often. Of course the players that perform have the assurance of their places in the team, but will always try and see the best combination that can win games. It's not that we're trying to play with just eleven players for the next two years." Hathurusingha said.