Possible Selectors XI-
1. Sadeera Samarawickrama(Batsman)
2. Niroshan Dickwella(W)(Batsman)
3. Kusal Mendis(Batsman)
4. Lahiru Thirimanne(Batsman)
5. Upul Tharanga(Batsman)(Captain)
6. Chamara Kapugedera(Batsman)
7. Jeffrey Vandersay(All-Rounder)(Right-Arm Leg-Spin)
8. Akila Dananjaya (All-Rounder)(Right-Arm Off/Leg-Spin)
9. Dushmantha Chameera(Right-arm Fast)(145Km/h +)
10.Lahiru Gamage(Right-arm Medium-Fast)(125-140Km/h)
11.Vishwa Fernando (Left-Arm Fast-Medium)(140Km/h +)
Both Spinners have Proved they can be better All-Rounders than Milinda Siriwardana and Thisara Perera
It was Stupid of Sri Lanka Cricket to play Sadeera as no.5 when he is a Top-Order Batsman and is more aggressive against fast-bowlers than spin bowlers. Upul is the only in form player other than Lahiru Thirimanne in the Squad so Upul Should go down the order to stop the middle Order from continually collapsing.
If Danushka Gunathilaka is not picked in the Squad then move Sadeera Samarawickrama to open the batting and give Kusal Mendis another Opportunity at no.3.But Never again should Sri Lanka try Dinesh Chandimal at no.3 he had a strike rate of less than 40 in the 3 games he batting at no.3 which is pathetic even for a Test Batsman he put soo much pressure on every other batsman reducing the healthy rate of 5 to 6 runs an over that they had at the time to around 3 an over when he got out.
Selectors Point Of View could be-
- Number 3 position is available for anyone as both Dinesh Chandimal and Kusal Mendis Lack Confidence and are too defensive which creates pressure on other players. So since the no.3 slot is a crucial position in the XI which requires an Aggressive and Solid batsman Sadeera Samarawickrama will most likely take that Position.
- Also with the opening partnership failing to score Sri Lanka will look to change it by going back to the most recent successful Opening pair Gunathilaka-Dickwella and Push Upl Tharanga down the order to strengthen the middle Order with Lahiru Thirimanne. Since Both Milinda Siriwardana and Thisara Perera have failed to deliver results or validate there purpose in the XI.
- Chamara Kapugedara did get injured in the 3rd ODI so he may be unavailable for the 5th ODI.
- Both Milinda Siriwardana and Thisara Perera might get another chance to prove themselves but either way in the India tour both Angelo Mathews and Asela Gunaratne could replace them in the XI.
My personal opinion is Kick Asanka Gurusinha out and get rid of the Cricket Manager post. Bring Back Sanath Jayasuriya as the on tour Selector as I think he was a good selector probably one of the best in the world as the team he selected Won the T20 world cup, Reached the Quater-finals of World cup 2015 and Won many historical tours such as against England, Australia and many more. But I think it was Asanka Gurusinha team management that was the reason for the failure of the past Selection committee. And now Asanka Gurusinha is doing it again.
PLEASE SAVE SRI LANKA CRICKET