Sri Lanka Test squad – Dimuth Karunarathne, Kaushal Silva, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal (Captain), Lahiru Thirimanne (Vice-Captain), Roshen Silva, Niroshan Dickwella, Dilruwan Perera, Rangana Herath, Lakshan Sandakan, Suranga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Gamage, Vishwa Fernando.
My Best XI for the 1st Test Against Pakistan-
1. Sadeera Samarawickrama (Right-hand Batsman)(Best replacement for Upl Tharanga)(Debut)
2. Dimuth Karunaratne (Left-hand Batsman)
3. Kusal Mendis (Right-hand Batsman)(Permanent no.3 in TEST and ODI)
4. Lahiru Thirimanne (Vice-Captain)(Permanent no.4 in TEST and ODI)
5. Roshen Silva(Right-hand Batsman)(Debut)
6. Dinesh Chandimal (Right-hand Batsman)(Captain)(Highest Averaging 50 at no.6)
7. Niroshan Dickwella(Left-hand Batsman)(Wicket-keeper)
8. Rangana Herath (Slow left-arm orthodox)
9. Suranga Lakmal(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
10.Nuwan Pradeep (Right-Arm Fast-Medium)
11. Vishwa Fernando (Left-Arm Fast-Medium)
Kaushal Silva is Well Experienced Opening batsman but has failed numerous time due to his fragile batting technique.
Lahiru Gamage hasn`t made an impact against any international team even in the A team .
Lakshan Sandakan inexperienced but is the Wicket Taking Bowler
Dilruwan Perera All-Rounder Player but fails to be a Wicket taking bowler
Plus they should play the new players in the first test with the Red ball before the Pink ball in the 2nd Test.
Also Sadeera and Dimuth did have a good partnership of 300+ againist the England Lions recently.
Roshen Silva`s inclusion has been largely due to Angelo Mathews’ calf injury which he sustained during training. The former Captain was initially ruled out of the first Test only but has not been named in the squad for the whole series.
Dhananjaya de Silva Should have been selected ahead of Kaushal Silva
Vimukthi Perera Left arm Fast-Medium Should have been selected ahead of Lahiru Gamage as his first-class record is better than any of the current fast bowling player even Nuwan Pradeep and Suranga Lakmal.
Charith Asalanka should have been selected ahead of Dilruwan Perera as he is rising Star who is very effective with both Bat and Bowl like Asela Gunaratne but is more of Wicket Taking bowler