To become a stronger and consistent winning team in ODI Sri Lanka Cricket needs to make some strong decisions in the future. If Sri Lanka is to consider winning 2019 Cricket World Cup Sri Lankan Cricket board should:
1. Appoint New Selection Panel and introduce fresh ideas.
2. Do not allow politics/politicians to interfere with Sri Lanka Cricket.
3. Do not let the Team Manager/Cricket Manager interfere with the Head Coach's or any other coach's responsibilities.
4. Undertake a military camp in cold and hot conditions.
5. Run fitness activities/camps and keep track each player's fitness levels. (For example, Umar Akmal was left out of Champions Trophy due to failing fitness test, hence making Pakistan a more successful team in the Champions Trophy and allowing them to become champions at the tournament!)
6. Find a matured Head Coach who has good knowledge on every asset of the game.
7. Domestic Structure should be changed immediately (less teams=more competition) (make both seam and spin friendly pitches, so future cricketers have been adapted with every kind of pitch.
8. Fans need to be patient and keep faith in Sri Lanka Cricket for a while.
9. Not spend on unnecessary infrastructure and maintenance, and save money to reintroduce SLPL.
10. DON'T LET TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE SOUP.
Also, when there are not many cricket matches happening, train hard, so at the end of the day, you will be happy with your results. Sri Lankan Cricket Board can have a chat with the ICC and organize some matches with Associate Nations, so we can keep up our standards.
My preliminary squad includes: (Preliminary Squad can include up to 30 players)
Upul Tharanga (Captain: needs to improve his slow over rate record)