Poor players who should not be in the preliminary squad for ODI series
1. Chaturanga De Silva – Neither a bowler or a batsman. But regarded as an allrounder
2. Lakshan Sadakan – Very poor control over the bowl. Runs will leak.
3. Dinesh Chandimal – Slow SR. Test match performance should not be good enough to give a ODI spot again. We tested this few times but all times fail. He should go back to list A cricket and perform consistently to give ODI spot again.
4. Lahiru Gamage – Just mediocre 125 bowler is not suitable here.
Players who should have been in the preliminary squad instead of above players
1. Wanidu Hasaranga – Better player than his elder brother still even with 7 year gap. Scored a brilliant century in the ongoing domestic match today. Good fielder as well.
2. Dhananjaya De Silva- Very good player. Can bowl also well. How on earth Labrooy missing these players. The player who played a good test match innings and very good for ODI cricket also misses in 23 member squad. Only possible in SL !!!!!
3. Vikum Sanjaya Bandara – Good bowler than Lahiru Gamage. Better pace, better movement, Good yorker bowler.
4. Lasith Abuldeniya – Havent seen him. But he is in tremendous form in domestic cricket. Age is 21 very young good talent. If u want a left arm spinner include him.
MR CHANDIKA PLZ I ATELAST BELIEVED YOU WILL REMOVE THESE NON PERFORMING PLAYERS FROM SQUAD AND SELECT A BEST TEAM AFTER DISCUSSING WITH LABRROY. BUT SEEM THE FIRST TASK HAVENT DOME PROPERLY