Sri Lanka best possible XI from the Official Squad-
1. Niroshan Dickwella (Left-Hand Batsman)(Wicket-Keeper)
2. Dhananjaya De Silva (Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
3. Kusal Mendis (Vice-Captain)(Right-Hand Batsman)
4. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)
5. Angelo Mathews (Captain)(Right-Hand Batsman)
6. Dasun Shanaka (Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
7. Thisara Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium)
8. Akila Dananjaya (Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off/Leg-Spin)(Is Back with the squad in the UAE)
9. Suranga Lakmal (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
10. Lasith Malinga (Right-Arm Fast)
11. Dushmantha Chameera (Right-Arm Fast)
12. Upul Tharanga (Left-Hand Batsman)
13. Dilruwan Perera (Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
14. Amila Aponso (Slow Left-Arm Orthodox)
15. Kasun Rajitha (Right-Arm Fast-Medium)
16. Shehan Jayasuriya (Left-Hand Batsman) (Right-Arm Off-Spin)
Changes to XI-
In – Akila Dananjaya , Dushmantha Chameera
Out- Amila Aponso, Dilruwan Perera
Spinners were ineffective in those UAE conditions and the Batting was poor so both issues must be addressed.
Fast-Bowlers were highly effective and the middle-order is solid as they have proved in the South-African Series but the Top order is really weak.
Sri Lanka when going against Afghanistan who have very good spinners and the batsman who are well cable of countering the Sri Lankan spinners, it is best if Sri Lanka go out full pace on them as that is Afghanistan weakest point and strengthen there batting also the batsman. The Toss played a major part in the first game so hopefully, they win the toss and bat first. Sri Lanka`s young players need to start standing up in pressure situations and both coach and captain need to stop changing around the batting line-up.
Both Dilruwan Perera and Amila Aponso leaked too many runs when Bangladesh were around 2/23 and both of them dropped catches at the key moments. That was the main reason why Sri Lanka had to chase 260 instead of less than 200. Mushfiqur Rahim was dropped at 10 by Dilruwan Perera then he made 144 a catch that was the easiest catch in the world and could have changed the game.