Most Likely XI–
1. Danushka Gunathilaka (Left-Hand Batsman)
2. Kusal Mendis (Right-Hand Batsman)
3. Kusal Perera (Left-Hand Batsman)(WK)
4. Dhananjaya De Silva (All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Off Spin)
5. Dasun Shanaka (All-Rounder)(Right-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)
6. Upul Tharanga (Left-Hand Batsman)
7. Thisara Perera (All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Medium-Fast)(Captain)
8. Akila Dananjaya (Right-Arm Off/Leg Spin)
9. Isuru Udana (Left-Arm Medium)
10.Amila Aponso (Slow left-arm orthodox)
11.Dushmantha Chameera (Right-Arm Fast)
12. Suranga Lakmal (Right-Arm Medium-Fast)(Vice-Captain)
13. Jeewan Mendis (All-Rounder)(Left-Hand Batsman)(Right-Arm Leg Spin)
14. Dinesh Chandimal (Right-Hand Batsman)
15. Nuwan Pradeep (Right-Arm Fast-Medium)
- Amila Aponso is very consistent with his line and lengths, therefore, is very economical and doesn`t leak runs.
- Dhananjaya De Silva is like Shakib Al Hasan from Bangladesh or even Tillakaratne Dilshan from Sri Lanka he brings more balance to the team with both batting and bowling.
- Isuru Udana is a T20 Specialist bowler and has lots of experience playing in different franchise around the world and more experienced than Nuwan Pradeep or Suranga Lakmal in this format of the game.
- Dasun Shanaka needs more opportunity to bat at the top of the order as he performs the best batting at no.4 or no.5 but due to Thisara Perea greediness he had to bat down the order in the last game and didn`t get enough balls to play himself in to launch at the end of the innings also for some reason he has been not used as bowler in recent games when in fact when he entered the international stage he was a wicket-taking bowler more than a batsman.
Pitch and conditions
Even if the pitch's characteristics change slightly, chasing seems to be the only option – so the toss becomes very important. Rain remains in the forecast.