My XI for the ONLY match against Zimbabwe-
1. Upul Tharanga (Batsman)
2. Danushka Gunathilaka(All-Rounder)(Right-arm Off Spin)
3. Kusal Mendis(Batsman)
4. Dinesh Chandimal(Batsman)(Captain)
5. Angelo Mathews (Batsman)
6. Asela Gunarathne(All-Rounder)(Right-arm Off Spin)
7. Niroshan Dickwella(Batsman)(W)
8. Dilruwan Perera (Off-Spinner)/Lahiru Kumara(Right-arm Fast)(Only if it is a flat or Seaming Pitch)
9. Rangana Herath(Slow left-arm orthodox)
10. Suranga Lakmal (Right-arm fast-medium)
11. Vishwa Fernando (Left-Arm Fast-Medium)
- My XI has more Variety of bowlers and makes it difficult for the batsman to get used to one style of bowler.Also Lakshan Sandakan struggles to keep consistent line and length and Lahiru Kumara & Dushmantha Chameera both have raw pace but seeing from the recent ODI series and Kumara`s past matches both players ball to short and Wide consistently allowing the batsman to get easy runs using their pace.
- Dimuth Karunaratne has had a lot of matches but seems to fail in scoring runs in the First inning of a match every time and that is not acceptable for a national opening Test batsman, therefore, Danushka Gunathilaka deserves the opportunity to prove he can do a better job than Dimuth Karunaratne in the Only match against Zimbabwe before the series against India .