Sanath Jayasuriya Mentioned Lahiru thirimanne being in the original squad against zimbabwe in the Announcement of the SL Test Squad for the Zimbabwe Test and Mathews's resignation but he pulled his hamstring, therefore, Lahiru Kumara replaced him in the Squad.He also mentioned that Lahiru Thrimanne is in there plans for the future therefore you could see him against India if he recovers in time.
My XI for the match against India-
1. Upul Tharanga (Batsman)
2. Sadeera Samarawickrama (Batsman)
3. Kusal Mendis(Batsman)
4. Dinesh Chandimal (Batsman)(Captain)
5. Angelo Mathews (Batsman)
6. Danushka Gunathilaka (All-Rounder)(Right-arm Off Spin)
7. Niroshan Dickwella(Batsman)(W)
8. Malinda Pushpakumara(Slow left-arm orthodox)
9. Rangana Herath(Slow left-arm orthodox)
10. Nuwan Pradeep(Right-Arm Fast-Medium)
11. Lahiru Kumara(Right-arm Fast)/Dilruwan Perera(Right-Arm Off-Spin)
Condition that applies for this XI to become true-
- If Dimuth Karunaratne fails as an opener in the test against Zimbabwe then most likely the selector will go with Sadeera Samarawickrama who has had a tremendous season this year.
Sadeera Samarawickreme's first-class batting in 2017.
Inngs – 14
Runs – 877
Average – 67.46
SR – 90.69
100s – 3 50s – 4
Highest score of 185 on the England Lions tour of Sri Lanka, 2nd unofficial Test: Sri Lanka A v England Lions at Dambulla, Feb 24-27, 2017
- Asela Gunaratne did injure himself in the match against Zimababwe and if he is out for the start of the India tour the mostly like replacement is Danushka Gunathilaka even thou he is a top order batsman in the Limited over cricket in first class matches he has batted in the middle order with a decent average of 31.77 and pretty handy with the ball averaging 29.67 in First class matches.
- Malinda Pushpakumara who is similiar to Rangana Herath is in the XI since he has a good record in first class matches and has been the leading wicket taker for the past few years and is more consistent wicket taker than Dilruwan Perera. Even though both him and Rangana Herath are the same type of bowlers both players are wicket takers and very economical players and can put pressure on batsman from both ends of a wicket.