14 reasons why we should never give another chance to Upul Tharanga
01) He has poor techniques and no potential for test cricket
02) He is too old to give consecutive chances
03) Playing 21 test matches his overall test average is 30 which is very poor for an opening batsmen
04) His first class batting average is 38 where he is nowhere near the top 20 FC averages.
05) His last 10 test cricket average is 27
06) His last 15 test cricket average is 23
07) His average in 2015 test cricket is 24
08) His FC stats in 2014/15 is below 39
09) He has played 21 test matches as a opener but only managed to score 1 ton even that was with Bangaladesh
10) His average of last 8 test match is 30.17 where Shaminda Eranga’s average of his last 8 test match is 30.75 (Even Shaminda Eranga is better than Upul? I don’t think so 😉 )
11) He never corrects his batting techniques where 74% of his dismissals are out caught.(edging out side off stump)
12) As an opener who has played more than 10 matches Upul Tharanga has the 2nd worst stats in Sri Lanka history (out of 12 players)
13) Upul Tharanga refuse to bat down the order and only want to play as a opener, even though we have issues with Dimuth and kaushal they are way ahead than UT with techniques and both overall and recent stats and also younger in the age.
14) Upul Tharanga is only better than Thirimanne in the current Sl squad but Thirimanne had to play everywhere in the batting line up where UT was given the prime position of the batting line up all the time.