Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:42

I respect you Sanga!!!!!!! & Maharoof!!!!!!! that's all I can say..

Posted in: Lasith Malinga to play for Mumbai Indians at CLT20 by Salinda Sampath (not verified) - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:41

For those of you grappling with the money issue here's a question - would you work for less money? Would you turn down an offer several times more than you being offered by another. Time to get real folks and support one of the all time greats of the game.

Posted in: Malinga wins bigger pay for team but likely to abandon them for CLT20 by Stormy - Reply to this comment.

Yeah good ideas boys !!! It will be interesting to see who will be selected given Mendis poor form in recent matches.

But some mates got it wrong this is not asking 3 spinners in the playing 11. It is normal to selectors to name minimum of 3 spinners in the squad of 15. They will definitely select Herath and Dilruwan. But who will select as 3rd spinner is doubtful.

Posted in: Who should be in SL squad as 3rd spinner for Test series against PAK? by Surod - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:35

Actually no need for a third spinner against Pakistan. Because Pakistanis usually play spin well.
Therefore combination of 2 fast bowlers and 2 spinners will be effective like Sri Lanka played in UAE.

Posted in: Who should be in SL squad as 3rd spinner for Test series against PAK? by R Peterson - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:29

and i think selectors have missed a trick in persisting with Mendis... by now they should've understood that Mendis,Narine,Ashwin are not ideal for Test matches...

Posted in: Mathews criticizes Mendis by UppercuT - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:28

Dilruwan and Mathews were sensational but didnt have enough support from the others to put away a good team. Mahela and Sanga had average series and the rest of the batting wasnt really there.

Tharanga confirmed what we already know - unless he makes an adjustment, this is a short term thing. Kithruwan looked lost and Thiri and Chandi were a loss cause which was probably the most dissappointing of all.

Posted in: Mathews, Dilruwan Perera shine bright for Sri Lanka by Stormy - Reply to this comment.

I don't know whether u will accept my opinion or not. But my view is Malinga has already have lots of money in his pocket. So he should have chosen Southern Express team and lead them to the trophy. Some say this is club vs club but I personally like to see our team win the trophy despite or not whether I belong to Southern or not. I hope most of Sri Lankans also like to see that.

If a new comer to the Sri Lankan team with a poor background chosen IPL over our team I will go with that player's decision. Because he cannot be certain about his future and he may dropped and get injured tomorrow.

I see this is as a opportunity lost for the Malinga to show to the people who criticize Malinga heavily for playing for money.

But anyway this incident again clearly shows what a great gentlemen Sanga is given he last year chosen to play Kadurata Maroons instead of Hyderabad and have to given lots and lots of credit for that decision among modern players !!

Posted in: What's your view on Malinga playing for MI instead of Southern Express? by Surod - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:27

far as am concerned, Malinga has done his bit for this country; I.E. WIN A WORLD CUP(and sweeter it was for all but one reason :P ).. after that what he does in his private time is his business...

Posted in: What's your view on Malinga playing for MI instead of Southern Express? by UppercuT - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:22

If he wasnt critical he should have been - Mendis was not bad, he was awful. Leaked runs when ever he bowled and got a perfect wicket to bowl on and did absolutely nothing! I wasnt convinced when he was in the squad and I think we need to move past Mendis once and for all.

Posted in: Mathews criticizes Mendis by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:19

Got to be careful here and I will not hesitate to critisize but this team lost to the best team in the world and before that won the WC, Asia cup and in Eng for the first time.

Also who should the vice captaincy have gone to. Its easy to say after the event (failure) that it was a bad move but what are the options.

Posted in: Sri Lanka's cricket selectors under scrutiny by Stormy - Reply to this comment.