Monday, September 29, 2014 - 16:10

Best looking is Chandimal, obviously :)

melvodeepal ayya, now don't get jealous and start crying.

Posted in: Malinga celebrating his birthday with team mates by Anonymous (not verified) - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 10:28

Case is similar for Sri Lanka as well. SL should also use this tour to determine few things.
1) To determine the best squad for the world cup.
2) To determine most suitable batting order.
3) Suitable bowling combinations for different type of pitches.
They must be the main objective of this series for SL. Further curators also will have to prepare bouncy pitches for this series. Eventually selected squad can be trained during the New Zealand tour.
So SL has to do experiments regularly during this series.

Posted in: England must use Sri Lanka tour to determine best XI by R Peterson - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 09:17

Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the ICC's cricket committee, which is made up of ex-players (including Sangakkara), recommend this crackdown on suspect actions? The timing may not have anything to do with the World Cup — I think it has everything to do with the cricket committee's recommendations being accepted in June or July and being enforced from thereon, yeah? I think I read this somewhere but I'm not 100% certain.

Posted in: ICC bans on sub-continental bowlers before World Cup raise serious doubts - Arjuna by Hilal - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 06:53

I think Eng have every possible "coach" in the book but it has'nt really counted for much. Not sure about how many coaches Pakistan run around with but over a long period of time they have maintained decent standards. One could argue the reason the top teams are at the top is due to the specialist coaches, but I am not sure its that straight forward. I am not saying there is no role for these positions but just not sure if it actually makes such a big difference.

Posted in: Lankans on the lookout for consultant by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 06:13

Its a thought but what would be interesting to consider (before making such a statement), if there are any bowlers with a potential suspect action in the big 3 teams.

I am no expert but the guys called to date appear to have a "kink" and I can understand why they needed to get tested - and of course all have now been found to have illegal actions.

The timing is interesting and I guess when you control everything you will make sure the money counts for some advantage along the way. I find interesting that Naraine has not been called yet and to a lessor extent, Ashwin.

Posted in: ICC bans on sub-continental bowlers before World Cup raise serious doubts - Arjuna by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 03:27

Jury is still out about Marvan being a batting coach. Do I need to mention Chandimal? I think as the main man Marvan is best suited to articulate the plans for each team and each player we face in regards to how Srilanka should approach each game Where designated coaches get to work on it, in order to achieve it.

I disagree about having Dean Jones in the setup even he makes himself available, we should look past him. It's all about a united team of coaching staff working on getting out the likely outcome. If anyone who knew about Dean Jones as a person, agree Dean personality doesn't suit a team environment. If he was ..he would be coaching.

With most teams having designated coaches for Batting and Bowling.. including Australia.. if anyone followed Australian cricket would know there is no better Technician when it comes to Batting than Lehman because he was the best. But still Australian side has employed former Tasmanian Di Venuto as batting coach.

I agree Australian grounds will test our throwing ability. Don't think Baseball coach is going to work wonders. Any good coach with credentials with proven track record will do that job.

Psychiatrist is an interesting one. I am all for it. I think Davenell used it when he was the coach to my memory. If we have the cash, we should because I know New Zealand used on your face tactics on Dilshan to unsettle

Posted in: Lankans on the lookout for consultant by Byron Raj - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 03:02
Posted in: Lasith Malinga after his ankle surgery in Australia by CoverDrive - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 01:56

good to see some sensible comments made in the comments section after some time...

for me when touring Aus, biggest problem for SL is not batting,fielding or bowling...

Australian pitches are not like any other in the world.They are very hard surfaces, which will take a huge toll on the bodies of the fast bowlers and all rounders more than anywhere in the world..

If u remember the last CB series SL took part, ALL THREE ALL ROUNDERS of SL(Mathews,Thisara,Mahroof) broke down by the time of the best of 3 Finals.. and SL ended up playing Thirimanne as a seaming allrounder

Same happened to the pace bowlers in the last bilateral series SL played in Aus...(by some miracle Malinga and Kula managed to played thru everything)

rest assured WC will take a lot out of the fast men and all rounders.If SL can keep the fitness levels up, am sure they have enough experience in the squad to deal with the 3 disciplines.

Posted in: Lankans on the lookout for consultant by UppercuT - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 01:50

Give munaweera some matches then only he get some experience. they gave him only one or two matches. I can say now he is batting really good and nice to watch how he bat. I wish he will call up for sri lanka team soon. Because we need some hard hitters on top to maintain our run-rate

Posted in: Who should open batting for Sri Lanka in T20s? by Anthony (not verified) - Reply to this comment.
Monday, September 29, 2014 - 00:07

@Surod lol nah frankly it's a mixed feeling bro .. I'm happy that after observing SL cricket for so many years if i can judge a player right , but at the same time I will be sad if a Sri Lankan gets humiliate in front of international crowd , after all i switch on the TV to watch a match only to see Sri Lankan players success .

anyways the real test for mune is going to be tomorrow .. this will be the first time that munaweera is facing a non retired T20 international fast bowler who's currently in their national T20 playing XI... like i mentioned earlier in my comments .. if mune can score 30+ against boult and southee in these indian pitches .. then he can score runs against any fast bowler in the same conditions .. so lets see :)

Posted in: [Discussion Thread] Champions League Twenty20 2014 by SLCricket1 - Reply to this comment.