Monday, October 20, 2014 - 00:28

I couldn't help but chuckle when I read this article online today. I just can't understand the rationale and the thought process of having this dead wood.. no hope in the world utter useless and aging player. How many times he has resurfaced in Srilankan A squad? How many chances he had to show his mettle in the senior side? He has proven time and time again as a failure. He is king in local cricket with his batting but a pauper in international stage. He always goes missing like a politician after election in big time cricket. It's about time they put him out of his misery and never pick him again.

Posted in: Mubarak flops again by Byron Raj - Reply to this comment.
Monday, October 20, 2014 - 00:12

I am not sure about Faulkner Surod, he is hot and cold bowler... You have to remember Faulkner is the one who gets the most Tap in this side. Wokes will get my vote.. but he is still in his early stage of his career. I still don't think you can rate Watson on his past performances as an all rounder... remember he is just coming back after injury. He is renowned for leaking runs too. Even with that he is miles ahead of Bopara. But I do think Australia might have a slight edge... But that's as it stands ... right at the minute... injuries can change all that.. so I end our discussion.

Posted in: List of all all rounders that could rule the 2015 World Cup by Byron Raj - Reply to this comment.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 22:58

Joe Root
Moeen Ali
Ben Stokes
Chris Woakes
Stuart Broad
Tim Bresnan

I have name both sides with the order of the batting order. Now we will compare both teams

Watson v Bopara - Watson
Marsh v Root - Root
Smith v Ali - Smith
Maxwell v Stokes - Stokes
Faulkner v Woakes - Faulkner
Johnson v Broad - Johnson
Starc v Bresnan - Starc

Aus have got the advantage for me 5:2. I like to know ur one to one comparison and see the results. But I expect differing opinions by you.

Posted in: List of all all rounders that could rule the 2015 World Cup by Surod - Reply to this comment.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 22:49

We can rule out either of Jordan and Bresnan from the squad. I don't think both will get in to the squad. That makes 7 all for both teams.

But Watson is back now for Aussie t20 side against SA yes, he can injured once more time but he is the best genuine all rounder in both sides if he is fit.

I was only disputing the number of all rounders per country in World Cup. Now that you have named number of all rounders who can get into English Side compared to an Australian side..which is much more. Moreover the names mentioned by stormy as all rounders in Australian side is not valid. Watson is still injured.. he has always broken down after taking that extra work load as a baller. He may even miss the selection.. besides Smith is an impact player...he can bowl but very erratic. To name Starc as an all rounder.. the jury is still out... My point was about number of all rounders in a side.. whether or not they are better or most damaging than other is another discussion we can have. In my view England will have more all rounders in thier squad... with that ..I rest my case.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 22:31

What Byron are u suggesting Starc is not an all rounder ??? No way I still believe he is an quality all rounder. If he is not a all rounder then players like Anwar Ali, Bilawar Bhatti, Chris Jordan, Darren Sammy also could not regard as an all rounders for sure.

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 22:09

Please post cricket news related to Sri Lanka only and please don't post the same news articles many times. Sometimes the same articles are published in different sites. Thank you!

Posted in: Sacked England batsman Kevin Pietersen looks to revive career in South Africa by Hilal - Reply to this comment.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 21:40

There is a thread already started for this tour:

Posted in: Sri Lanka tour of India 2014 by Hilal - Reply to this comment.
Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 18:39

Yep agree.. now you understood what I mentioned earlier Surod?

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 18:27

I like to know what happened to Chathrunga de Silva? Is he injured? He was in our T20 squad and one day squad not long ago.!!!

Posted in: Sri Lankan players concerned about skills training ahead of India tour by Byron Raj - Reply to this comment.