Monday, April 21, 2014 - 13:00

I would consider opening with Lahiru in Dimuths place and playing Chandi in the 11. Yes I know Chandi has his struggles but he has some test runs and needs to be given a chance on wickets outside Asia where he has done well in the past.

I would also only take one spinner to Eng in early summer - there is simply no role for a second spinner in Eng at this time of the year.

Posted in: [Discussion Thread] Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2014 by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:58

Who is this idiot who wrote this article? Malinga did acknowledge he didn't bowl as well as he wanted to in the world cups SL lost. Anyway some fools in SL hound Malinga for no reason. They seem to be bourne out of jealousy more than anything else.

Posted in: 'කඩුලු 4යි, ඒත් මුම්බායි පිල පැරදුණේ මන් නිසා' - ලසිත් මාලිංග by Anonymous (not verified) - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:54

At times Arjuna talks nonsense but I must say as an expatriot Sri Lankan I find it ridiculous to see some locals pretending as if they don't know Sinhalese. I wonder what their parents are doing at times.

Posted in: ක්‍රිකට් ගහන්න ඉංග්‍රීසි අවශ්‍ය නෑ.. - අර්ජුන රණතුංග by Anonymous (not verified) - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:48

Chandika for me - the guy is totally qualified for the job and is now well experienced at the highest level.

Posted in: Who should be SL's next coach if Fabrace leaves? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:46

Some of these questions need a qualification as in tests Ranga is by far the best but in limited overs cricket Sachi is a better option I reckon.

Posted in: Who is Sri Lanka's best spinner? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:44

PJ is the best keeper in the world by some accounts. Interestingly I wonder if all 4 could play in a test match. Three do already and Kusal surely needs to be given a chance at some stage.

Posted in: Who is Sri Lanka's best wicket-keeper? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:41

Difficult question as Lahiru hasnt had too many test opportunities but I would say Lahiru is technically better but Chandi is more talented.

Posted in: Is Chandimal or Thirimanne the better player? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:36

Think his record speaks for himself - without doubt the the premier strike bowler and daylight before the next.

Posted in: Is Malinga Sri Lanka's premier bowler? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:34

I'd like to hear from the folk who said no what the reason are?

I think these two are two rare breeds besides the batting, they play the game in a great spirit and they mustnt be lost to the game. Unfortunately I think once they are done they will run as far as possible from SLC and who can blame them.

Posted in: Should Mahela and Sanga be appointed as mentors for SL's new T20 team? by Stormy - Reply to this comment.
Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:17

Lahiru you look smart, but I'll tell you something, the belt does not match!! Should have worn a plain black belt man!!

Posted in: Lahiru Thirimanne at Kaushal Silva's Wedding by Anonymous (not verified) - Reply to this comment.