Here are some home truths for you Indians to ponder on.
* The latest UNICEF data shows that one in three malnourished children worldwide are found In India.
* 122 million Indian households have no toilets, and 33% lack access to latrines; over 50% of the population (638 million) defecates in the open.
* 80% of the Indian population leave their stools in the open or throw them in the garbage.
* 78% of Indias population live on less than Rs 20 per day, thats 0.50 US cents.
* Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI) found that there were 650 million people (53.7% of population) living in abject poverty in India, of which 340 million people (28.6% of the population) were living in severe poverty, and that a further 198 million people (16.4% of the population) were vulnerable to poverty.